SMS Equipment is growing!! We are looking for Heavy Duty Mechanics / Heavy Equipment Technicians to join our team! In this role you will find solutions, make safety a priority and work with the largest, most advanced earthmoving equipment. You will be at the forefront helping to keep those machines, and the industry they service, moving!
The shift rotation for this role is 7x7 or 5x2
The hourly rate for this role will range from $44.90 plus applicable premiums
At SMS Equipment, our Heavy Duty Mechanics / Heavy Equipment Technicians (HET) are responsible for providing repairs, overhauls and new builds in mining related equipment. This position will employ logic and deductive reasoning in diagnosing and troubleshooting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing assemblies, preventative maintenance, repairs and complete overhauls on heavy equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized or other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
- Make recommendations regarding extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement.
- Think logically and keep up with changes in technology.
- Interpret work order and technical manuals.
- Complete job specific reports and paperwork as needed.
- Have a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety.
- Motivated and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision.
- Work remotely in adverse weather conditions. Job tasks may be physically demanding lifting up to 50 lbs. Confined Space work is required.
The successful candidate will possess Journeyperson certification. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Other requirements include:
- Strong commitment to safety
- Experience in repair/maintenance of heavy equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Some positions may require the ability to travel and meet customer site requirements
- Experience with Komatsu equipment is considered an asset
- Interprovincial Red Seal is considered an asset
At SMS Equipment, safety is our number one priority. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include: competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plan, and RRSP matching.