Ethier Sand and Gravel is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill the position of 310T Truck and Coach Technician at a shop in Sudbury, Ontario. The 310T Truck and Coach Technician will require a high level of motivation, professionalism and independence. This is a full-time permanent position available with competitive wages and a benefits package.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Knowledge and ability to repair trucks, trailers and/or power equipment
• Ability to work as efficiently as possible with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of vehicle reports and CVOR
• Ability to road test vehicles
• Ability to perform field repairs
• Document all repairs on work orders or computer system. Fill out appropriate inspection sheets when required. Ensure all parts are marked on a daily basis
• Ability to safety all equipment
• Communicate with operations and supervisory staff on availability of equipment
• Have the ability to prioritize jobs
• Follow shop procedures and company policies relating to the use of shop and Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
• Must maintain a clean and tidy work environment and equipment, both interior and exterior
• Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures: safety standards operations, maintenance, training, cleanliness standards, etc.
• Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
• Class “310T” Truck and Coach license is an asset
• Heavy Equipment experience/education is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Aptitude for truck maintenance and repair, positive attitude and a team player.
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed
• Familiar with trucking, surface mining and heavy equipment operations
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
• Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental, Human Resources policies
Perks & Benefits:
• Extended health benefits including dental and life insurance
• Company pension
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Advancement opportunities
• Ongoing training and career development
• Company events
• Competitive salary
At Ethier Sand & Gravel we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Ethier Sand & Gravel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Shift: Day Shift – Flexibility a requirement based on need
Location: Ethier Shop – Sudbury ON
Salary: Varies based on experience