We are looking for a hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill the position of Heavy Equipment Mechanic. This is a full-time permanent position available with competitive wages and benefit packages and learning and development. By working with Ethier, you become part of an inclusive and diverse team that is dedicated to innovation and teamwork.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Repair and service a variety of heavy equipment
• Perform electrical, hydraulic and mechanical maintenance
• Anticipate and troubleshoot breakdowns, list parts required and process orders
• Prepare daily service reports
• Display professionalism toward our company and customers
• Maintain a clean and tidy work environment and equipment
• Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures: safety standards operations, maintenance, training, cleanliness standards, etc.
• Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
• Valid G license required
• D-Z license an asset
• Heavy Equipment and/or 310T Truck & Coach
• Bring your own tools
• 5 years’ experience working on heavy machinery and trucks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and ability to repair trucks, trailers and/or power equipment,
• Ability to work as efficiently as possible with minimal supervision,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Ability to adapt to last minute changes as dictated by the needs of our customers.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
• Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental, Human Resources policies
Perks & Benefits:
• Extended health benefits, dental, life insurance, and company pension
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Advancement opportunities
• Ongoing training and career development
• Company events
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. By applying to the e-mail address, your application becomes available to managers immediately. Interested candidates should include a cover letter and resume.
At Ethier Sand & Gravel we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Ethier Sand & Gravel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent