Levert is a leading staffing and recruiting company, we are presently seeking a Financial Controller for an internal permanent position. Based out of our Corporate Office in Sudbury, ON the Financial Controller will be responsible for the ownership and oversight of all financial and accounting functions. Reporting to the Vice President the Financial Controller plays an integral role who will provide leadership and direction to the accounting and payroll department, working in a fast-paced, professional environment.
What we offer:
· Competitive salary
· Weekly pay
· Company paid for Extended Health Care Benefits
· Group Retirement Savings Plan
· Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan
· Employee Assistance Program
· Encourage personal development training.
· Advancement opportunities
· Safety recognition program
· Manages the accounting and payroll department.
· Ensures that payroll and accounting follow internal policies and procedures.
· Ensures government legislation is being complied with for accounting and payroll purposes.
· Provides training and mentorship to the accounting staff.
· Ensures accurate cheques, bank transfers and process EFT payments are completed as required.
· Reviews cash flows daily and ensures that all accounts are covered.
· Reviews and approves payroll weekly for internal and external staff.
· Reviews and updates accounting entries daily to the general ledger.
· Reviews purchase orders and issues as per policies.
· Process employee benefits
· Processes annual T4’s and all applicable annual government reporting
· Processes monthly reporting for health, tax, worker’s compensation, HST and sources
· Prepares monthly financial statements for review by senior management.
· Observes accounts to identify overdue accounts, report collection activities, address client inquiries, as well as review all other accounts with support staff.
· Resolve payroll and accounting issues.
· Review processes continuously in order to improve efficiencies in all systems and tools in order to work efficiently.
· Hires and trains new accounting staff
· Perform annual performance reviews for direct reports.
· Review accounts payable and ensure timely payments.
· Review new aboriginal agreements and follow contract details and advise accounting team on relevant contracts.
· Participates in annual review of year end statements for KPMG.
· Works with Operations to resolve account issues as required.
· Attend meetings as required.
· All other duties as required.
What you need:
· Successful candidate must be fluently bilingual, French, and English
· 5+ years’ experience as a Controller
· 3+ years’ experience managing a team.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance.
· Certified General Accountant (CGA) or Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation an asset.
· High level of integrity, dependability and results oriented.
· Ability to work in a fast-pace, environment
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Advanced computer skills with the ability to work with large data.
· Keen eye to process improvement, always looking for practical and efficient ways to do things.
Link to apply: https://ess.levert.ca/job/JO0000145306 or call 1.800.461.5934 for more information