Join Vale today. Continuously learn throughout your career.
Who We Are
Welcome to Vale in Canada. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
The Instrumentation & Control Technician is integral for employee safety and Vale’s long-term operating strategy. Members of this team work across different locations to ensure all instrumentation systems are functioning accurately. Team members are also involved in the development of long-term and short-term maintenance initiatives, practices and procedures.
Our Sudbury Operations have been in existence for more than 100 years. With five mines, a mill, a smelter, a refinery and nearly 4,000 employees it is also one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world.
We are currently seeking Instrumentation & Control Technicians to join our Maintenance Department in Sudbury, Ontario. This is a permanent position.
As an Instrumentation & Control Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the reliability of production by installing/replacing and calibrating quality instrumentation. Your experience and skills will contribute to scheduled or emergency repairs, installation and inspection of work to be done in the shop or field. Additionally, in this position, you will:
- Safely install, test, debug and troubleshoot various pieces of equipment, preforming inspections as required.
- Safely perform Preventative Maintenance work to meet production schedules.
- Diagnose and repair instrumentation equipment problems and breakdowns to reduce impact on operations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, electrical diagrams and OEM Manuals.
- Respond to emergency situations and or call outs as required.
- Report deviations to established procedures and provide required documentation of work performed.
- Align with work safety policies and safety regulations.
Fully Licensed Journeyperson:
- Trade Certification: You possess an Instrumentation and Control Technician (447A) Red seal accreditation or a College Technician or Technology Diploma in Instrumentation.
- Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of trade experience (apprenticeship included).
- You have a proven understanding of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation is required.
How can Vale grow your career?
The Instrumentation & Control Technician, is a maintenance position that will allow the right candidate to shape our mining operations. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and benefits
- Desirable incentive program
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion and career growth
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across its operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application online at www.valejobs.ca. Please attach a copy of your trade license.
We appreciate your interest in being a part of the team though only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.