Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics
Are you looking for a growing career in the mining industry and have interest in joining a dynamic team? Look no further as Technica Mining has the opportunity for you! Technica Mining is an underground mining contractor who specializes in all aspects of mining including, construction, development, production, shaft, electrical, industrial mechanical work and more. Technica is committed to the welfare of all stakeholders and believes everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment. The health and safety of employees, clients and the community are the organization’s most important tasks and must always be the main consideration in every action we take. Our culture embraces “safety as a way of being” and every employee at Technica Mining has a part in ensuring health, safe and enjoyable workplace.
The role of the Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic is to provide a full range of mechanical functions including servicing, troubleshooting and maintaining motorized equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing mechanical failures of motorized equipment
• Performing daily equipment inspections
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance to ensure work meets manufacturers specifications
• Maintaining accurate and up-to-date service logs and documentation
• Ordering parts as required to complete repairs
• Following daily line-ups and executing scheduled work in accordance with health and safety standards as well as manufacturer specifications
• Valid Heavy Duty Equipment Technician License or Equivalent
• Valid Ontario College of Trades Membership
• Basic Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (U0000, U0001, U0002, & U00012) or equivalent provincial designation
• Minimum of 5 years of mechanical field experience
• Strong diagnostic skills to troubleshoot and repair equipment
• Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment
• Committed to maintaining a safe and efficient work environment
• Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing and criminal background check as a condition of employment
Technica Mining offers a comprehensive compensation package including a company matched pension plan, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Please reference HDEM23 when submitting an application and forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
225 Fielding Road
Lively, Ontario P3Y 1L8
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.