SPREADER OPERATOR (SUDBURY)
LOCATION: Sudbury, Ontario
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Temporary
Pioneer Construction is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill the position of Spreader Operator. This position is located in Sudbury, Ontario and is a full-time seasonal position available with competitive wages and a benefits package.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- OPERATE A SPREADER
- CLEAN AND LUBRICATE EQUIPMENT AND REFILL EQUIPMENT TANKS
- CONDUCT PRE-OPERATIONAL CHECKS ON EQUIPMENT
- SECURE SPECIAL ATTACHMENTS TO EQUIPMENT
- OPERATE TWO-WAY RADIOS AND OTHER COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- PERFORM MINOR REPAIRS TO EQUIPMENT
- OPERATE HYDRAULIC PUMPING SYSTEMS
- PERFORM MANDATORY PRE AND POST-VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
- CONSTANTLY MONITOR VEHICLE FITNESS AND EVER-CHANGING CONDITIONS
- ABILITY TO TAKE DIRECTION AND COMMUNICATE VERBALLY, WORKING AS A TEAM PLAYER
- MAINTAIN ACCURATE ELECTRONIC HOUR OF SERVICE LOGS AND VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
- DISPLAY PROFESSIONALISM TOWARD OUR COMPANY AND CUSTOMERS
- MUST MAINTAIN A CLEAN AND TIDY WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EQUIPMENT
- MAINTAIN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL COMPANY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: SAFETY STANDARDS OPERATIONS, MAINTENANCE, TRAINING, CLEANLINESS STANDARDS, ETC.
- PERFORM RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY THE SUPERVISOR
- 1 TO LESS THAN 2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE OPERATING HEAVY EQUIPMENT
- A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT IS AN ASSET
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ABILITY TO WORK ANY SHIFT INCLUDING, DAYS, NIGHTS, AND WEEKENDS
- EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS, INCLUDING THE ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE WITH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
- ABILITY TO ADAPT TO LAST-MINUTE CHANGES AS DICTATED BY THE NEEDS OF OUR CUSTOMERS.
- ABILITY TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE AND MEET DEADLINES, WHILE MAINTAINING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND PROVIDING EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND TO CARRY OUT ASSIGNMENTS TO COMPLETION WITHIN PARAMETERS OF INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN PRESCRIBED ROUTINES, AND STANDARD ACCEPTED PRACTICES.
- ABIDE BY ALL COMPANY POLICIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: HEALTH AND SAFETY, QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL, HUMAN RESOURCES POLICIES
Perks & Benefits:
- EXTENDED HEALTH BENEFITS, DENTAL, AND LIFE INSURANCE
- EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- COMPANY EVENTS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
At Pioneer Construction we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Pioneer Construction welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.