MECHANIC (LEAD HAND)
LOCATION: Sudbury, Ontario
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
Pioneer Construction is looking for a lead Mechanic (afternoons) in the Greater Sudbury Area. This is a full-time permanent position with competitive wages and a pension and benefits package available.
The lead mechanic position is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventative maintenance on all types of vehicles/equipment and hand tools within the company’s fleet. The lead mechanic may also be asked in conjunction with the supervisor to evaluate, prioritize and delegate work amongst the mechanics and part-time mechanics.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- COMPLY WITH ESTABLISHED COMPANY SAFETY AND OPERATING RULES, PROCEDURES, AND GUIDELINES; AND BE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING UNSAFE PRACTICES TO YOUR SUPERVISOR.
- WORK ALONG WITH AREA SUPERVISOR TO PRIORITIZE AND DELEGATE WORKLOAD FOR THE MECHANICS AND PART-TIME MECHANIC.
- MAINTAIN A CLEAN AND SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT TO PROTECT ONESELF AND OTHERS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL DEPARTMENT GUIDELINES AND ALL APPLICABLE COMPANY SAFETY RULES.
- MUST BE ABLE TO OPERATE VARIOUS VEHICLES, EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS.
- MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM MINOR AND MAJOR REPAIRS ON EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: VEHICLES, TRAILERS, POWER-OPERATED EQUIPMENT AND HAND TOOLS.
- WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING ACCURATE COMPUTER RECORDS OF TIME AND PARTS USED ON SPECIFIC WORK ORDER TASKS
- ASSIST IN DEVELOPING TRANSPORTATION MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR PROCEDURES
- PERFORM ALL OTHER DUTIES AS APPARENT OR ASSIGNED BY SUPERVISOR
- PROVIDE SUPERVISION/DIRECTION FOR OTHERS
- DIRECT, INSTRUCT AND WORK WITH DEPARTMENT STAFF AND OTHER CO-WORKERS ON VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE ISSUES.
- WORK WITH INDIVIDUAL VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT OPERATORS TO UNDERSTAND AND SOLVE COMPLAINTS AND CONCERNS IN REGARDS TO PROPER VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE AND OPERATION.
- HIGHSCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT IS REQUIRED
- A TWO-YEAR DEGREE IN HEAVY TRUCK MECHANICS AT THE VOCATIONAL LEVEL IS REQUIRED
- MINIMUM OF FIVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE VOCATIONAL SCHOOL REQUIREMENT.
- SPECIFIC MECHANIC CERTIFICATIONS MAY BE AND/OR DESIRED
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS, INCLUDING EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE WITH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
- ABILITY TO ADAPT TO LAST-MINUTE CHANGES AS DICTATED BY THE NEEDS OF THE BUSINESS
- ABILITY TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE AND MEET DEADLINES, WHILE MAINTAINING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND PROVIDING EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE
- ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND TO CARRY OUT ASSIGNMENTS TO COMPLETION WITHIN PARAMETERS OF INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN, PRESCRIBED ROUTINES, AND STANDARD ACCEPTED PRACTICES
Perks & Benefits:
- EXTENDED HEALTH BENEFITS INCLUDING DENTAL, VISION, DISABILITY & LIFE INSURANCE
- COMPANY PENSION
- COMPANY EVENTS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE & FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
At Pioneer Construction we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Pioneer Construction welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.