TRUCK DRIVER/LOADER OPERATOR (SUDBURY)
FULL TIME / SUDBURY
Truck Driver/Loader Operator
Fisher Wavy is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill the position of Truck Driver/Loader Operator. This is a full-time permanent position with competitive wages and a benefits package.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- MUST BE WILLING TO REMOVE ALL FACIAL HAIR (IF APPLICABLE) FOR RESPIRATOR FIT TEST AND REMAIN CLEAN-SHAVEN WHEN REQUIRED TO WEAR A RESPIRATOR
- PERFORM MANDATORY PRE AND POST-VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
- MAINTAIN A CLEAN AND TIDY WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EQUIPMENT
- TAKE DIRECTION AND COMMUNICATE VERBALLY, WORKING AS A TEAM PLAYER
- CONSTANTLY MONITOR VEHICLE FITNESS AND EVER-CHANGING CONDITIONS
- MAINTAIN ACCURATE ELECTRONIC HOUR OF SERVICE LOGS AND VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
- DISPLAY PROFESSIONALISM TOWARD OUR COMPANY AND CUSTOMERS.
- MAINTAIN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL COMPANY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: SAFETY STANDARDS OPERATIONS, MAINTENANCE, TRAINING, CLEANLINESS STANDARDS, ETC.
- PERFORM RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY THE SUPERVISOR
- VALID AZ/DZ LICENSE AND A CLEAN CVOR ABSTRACT
- IDEALLY ONE (1) YEAR OF EXPERIENCE OPERATING A LOADER
- MINIMUM OF ONE (1) YEAR OF EXPERIENCE DRIVING
- A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA IS AN ASSET
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ABILITY TO WORK ON VALE PROPERTY
- EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS, INCLUDING EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATION WITH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
- ABILITY TO ADAPT TO LAST-MINUTE CHANGES AS DICTATED BY THE NEEDS OF OUR BUSINESS
- ABILITY TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE AND MEET DEADLINES, WHILE MAINTAINING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND PROVIDING EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE
- ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND TO CARRY OUT ASSIGNMENTS TO COMPLETION WITHIN PARAMETERS OF INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN PRESCRIBED ROUTINES, AND STANDARD ACCEPTED PRACTICES
- ABILITY TO WORK IN A NOISY, DUSTY AND DIRTY ENVIRONMENT REQUIRING THE USE OF A RESPIRATOR WHICH MUST BE WORN IN ACCORDANCE WITH POLICIES, PROCEDURES, AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
- MUST MANAGE PERSONAL AND WORKPLACE HYGIENE AS WORK INVOLVES INTERACTING WITH DESIGNATED SUBSTANCES THAT ARE PROHIBITED, REGULATED, RESTRICTED, LIMITED OR CONTROLLED
- MUST PERFORM REGULAR CLEANING OF MOTOR VEHICLES AND MOBILE EQUIPMENT TO CONTROL DUST (INSIDE AND OUTSIDE CAB)
- COMPUTER PROFICIENCY (MS OFFICE – WORD, EXCEL AND OUTLOOK)
Perks & Benefits:
- EXTENDED HEALTH BENEFITS INCLUDING DENTAL, VISION, DISABILITY AND LIFE INSURANCE
- COMPANY PENSION
- COMPANY EVENTS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
- EMPLOYEE & FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
At Fisher Wavy we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Fisher Wavy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.