CONCRETE LAB TECHNICIAN (SUDBURY)
FULL TIME / SUDBURY
Fisher Wavy is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill the position of Concrete Laboratory Technician. The Concrete Laboratory Technician will require a high level of motivation, professionalism, and independence. This is a full-time permanent position available with competitive wages and a benefits package.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- RECEIVING, AND DOCUMENTING TEST SAMPLES.
- TIMELY AND ACCURATE PREPARATION, ANALYSIS, AND QUANTITATION OF TEST SAMPLES
- PREPARING STANDARD MATERIALS AND CALIBRATIONS WHEN APPLICABLE
- PARTICIPATION IN LAB QUALITY CONTROL PROGRAMS
- CLEANING AND MAINTAINING TEST SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT AS REQUIRED.
- ABILITY TO USE HAND TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE WORK
- WILLING TO WORK UNDERGROUND (UNDERGROUND SERVICE TYPE COMMON CORE IS AN ASSET)
- WILLING TO WORK SHIFT WORK.
- POTENTIAL FOR OUT-OF-TOWN WORK ON A WEEKLY OR BI-WEEKLY SHIFT BASIS
- DISPLAY PROFESSIONALISM TOWARD OUR COMPANY AND CUSTOMERS
- MUST MAINTAIN A CLEAN AND TIDY WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EQUIPMENT
- MAINTAIN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL COMPANY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: SAFETY STANDARDS OPERATIONS, MAINTENANCE, TRAINING, CLEANLINESS STANDARDS, ETC.
- PERFORM RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY THE SUPERVISOR
- VALID G2 CLASS DRIVER’S LICENSE AND OWN MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION
- DIPLOMA/DEGREE FROM CIVIL/MINING ENGINEERING PROGRAM IS AN ASSET
- UNDERGROUND SERVICE TYPE COMMON CORE IS AN ASSET
- ACI CERTIFICATION IS AN ASSET
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- KNOWLEDGE OF CONCRETE TESTING OR RELATED EXPERIENCE IS CONSIDERED AN ASSET
- EXPERIENCE IN CIVIL/MINING ENGINEERING
- EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS, INCLUDING THE ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE WITH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
- ABILITY TO WORK OUT OF TOWN
- ABILITY TO ADAPT TO LAST-MINUTE CHANGES AS DICTATED BY THE NEEDS OF OUR CUSTOMERS.
- ABILITY TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE AND MEET DEADLINES, WHILE MAINTAINING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND PROVIDING EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND TO CARRY OUT ASSIGNMENTS TO COMPLETION WITHIN PARAMETERS OF INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN PRESCRIBED ROUTINES, AND STANDARD ACCEPTED PRACTICES.
- ABILITY TO LIFT IN ACCORDANCE WITH OHSA REQUIREMENTS
Perks & Benefits:
- EXTENDED HEALTH BENEFITS INCLUDING DENTAL AND LIFE INSURANCE
- COMPANY PENSION
- EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- ONGOING TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- COMPANY EVENTS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
At Fisher Wavy we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Fisher Wavy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.