READY-MIX DRIVERS (SUDBURY)
FULL TIME / SUDBURY
Fisher Wavy is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill the position of Truck Driver for Ready Mix Trucks in the Greater Sudbury Area as we have secured a number of large projects in the area. This is a full-time seasonal position with possible extension, competitive wages and a benefits package.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- PERFORM MANDATORY PRE AND POST VEHICLE INSPECTIONS.
- MAINTAIN A CLEAN AND TIDY WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EQUIPMENT
- TAKE DIRECTION AND COMMUNICATE VERBALLY, WORKING AS A TEAM PLAYER
- CONSTANTLY MONITOR VEHICLE FITNESS AND EVER-CHANGING CONDITIONS
- MAINTAIN ACCURATE ELECTRONIC HOUR OF SERVICE LOGS AND VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
- DISPLAY PROFESSIONALISM TOWARD OUR COMPANY AND CUSTOMERS.
- MAINTAIN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL COMPANY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: SAFETY STANDARDS OPERATIONS, MAINTENANCE, TRAINING, CLEANLINESS STANDARDS, ETC.
- PERFORM RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY THE SUPERVISOR
- A VALID DZ LICENSE IS REQUIRED
- CLEAN CVOR ABSTRACT
- A MINIMUM OF ONE (1) YEAR OF EXPERIENCE DRIVING IS PREFERRED
- A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA IS AN ASSET
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MUST POSSESS/BE WILLING TO TRAIN FOR WORKING AT HEIGHTS CERTIFICATE
- ABILITY TO LIFT WEIGHTS UP TO 20KGS/50LBS REPETITIVELY
- EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS, INCLUDING EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATING WITH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
- ABILITY TO ADAPT TO LAST-MINUTE CHANGES AS DICTATED BY THE NEEDS OF OUR BUSINESS
- ABILITY TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE AND MEET DEADLINES, WHILE MAINTAINING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND PROVIDING EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE
- ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND TO CARRY OUT ASSIGNMENTS TO COMPLETION WITHIN PARAMETERS OF INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN, PRESCRIBED ROUTINES, AND STANDARD ACCEPTED PRACTICES
- ABILITY TO WORK IN A NOISY, DUSTY AND DIRTY ENVIRONMENT REQUIRING THE USE OF A RESPIRATOR WHICH MUST BE WORN IN ACCORDANCE WITH POLICIES, PROCEDURES, AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
- MUST MANAGE PERSONAL AND WORKPLACE HYGIENE AS WORK INVOLVES INTERACTING WITH DESIGNATED SUBSTANCES THAT ARE PROHIBITED, REGULATED, RESTRICTED, LIMITED OR CONTROLLED
- MUST PERFORM REGULAR CLEANING OF MOTOR VEHICLES AND MOBILE EQUIPMENT TO CONTROL DUST (INSIDE AND OUTSIDE CAB)
Perks & Benefits:
- EXTENDED HEALTH BENEFITS INCLUDING DENTAL, DISABILITY AND LIFE INSURANCE
- EMPLOYEE & FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- COMPANY EVENTS
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
At Fisher Wavy we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Fisher Wavy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.