TRUCK DRIVER AZ
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Ethier Sand & Gravel is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill the position of AZ Truck Driver. This is a full-time permanent position available with competitive wages, a pension, and a benefits package.
*Retention incentive available to those who commit to working with the company for a minimum period of time*
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform mandatory pre and post vehicle inspections
- Constantly monitor vehicle fitness, and ever-changing conditions
- Maintain accurate electronic hour of service logs and vehicle inspections
- Operate company equipment safely and efficiently
- Ability to take direction and communicate verbally, working as a team player
- Display professionalism toward our company and customers
- Must maintain a clean and tidy work environment and equipment, both interior and exterior
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures: safety standards operations, maintenance, training, cleanliness standards, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- AZ driver’s license is required
- Experience driving a triaxle, triaxle & pup also tractor trailer is an asset
- Experience working in quarries an asset
- Surface Miner Common Core an asset
- Highschool Diploma is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to work full 12-hour days Monday -Friday and the occasional weekend as required during the Summer.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental, Human Resources policies
- Good physical condition with the capability of repetitive lifting, up to 50 lbs. and working in inclement weather
Perks & Benefits:
- Extended health benefits including vision, dental, life insurance & disability insurance
- Company pension
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Competitive salary
At Ethier Sand & Gravel we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Ethier Sand & Gravel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.