As an integral part of the home and community care team, you will support, encourage and provide independence for patients in their homes and community setting by assisting with activities of daily living.
PSW 5k Grant: ParaMed/Extendicare is pleased to partner with HealthForceOntario (HFO) as an approved employer for the PSW Return Of Service (PSWROS) which provides a $5,000 retention bonus to eligible PSWs in exchange for a 6-month, full-time commitment.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Best in class training and development programs
- Celebration and Recognition programs
- Part time and Full-time opportunities and flexible scheduling options
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Company paid mobile devices
- Mileage compensation
- Employee perks and exclusive offers
What you’ll do:
- Assist patients with activities of daily living including skin, hair, and oral care along with bathing, toileting, & peri-care
- Prepare nutritious meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan
- Provide basic housekeeping tasks and companionship to help your patients enjoy a better quality of life
What you bring:
- Valid Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and care when interacting with patients
- Reliability and flexibility
- Passion for making a difference in your community
- Valid driver license and access to a vehicle to travel to and from patient’s residences within a geographical area
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screen
ParaMed is pleased to partner with the Ontario government to provide a $3/hour wage enhancement in addition to regular earnings.