ParaMed is currently seeking dedicated and compassionate Nursing Students to join our team of Personal Support Workers (PSW)! Our PSW staff provide unique care that is sensitive to patient’s individual needs which allows them to continue residing within their own home. We are currently hiring for full time and part time vacancies – APPLY NOW!
What will you do every day?
· Provide personal care to patients (personal hygiene, dressing, etc.)
· Help with a variety of household tasks (meal assistance, light clean-up duties, etc.)
· Provide cognitive, social, emotional, and psychological support to patients and families
· Maintain confidentiality in all interactions with patients, families, and other involved parties
What background will you need to have?
· You will have completed your first semester of a Nursing program or equivalent (PSW certificate, Internationally Registered Nurse, DSW, etc.)
· Previous hands-on experience providing personal care to clients is preferred
· Willing to travel within a designated geographical area to see patients
· Ability to provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Search upon hire
· Ability to work every-other weekend
· Exceptional communication skills when interacting with clients and their families
Why choose ParaMed?
· Access to ParaMed’s 2021 compensation packages including new wage grids and mileage policy
· Paid orientation and training
· Health and dental benefits
· Autonomy and independence
· Company-issued mobile device for scheduling and company communications
· Continuous training and skills development
· Opportunities for career advancement within ParaMed
· TB test on-site at no charge
· Vulnerable sector check cost is reimbursed
· Membership to Perkopolis and other retailer discounts
· Employee and Family Assistance Program
If you enjoy making people smile, we know you will love a career with ParaMed! We want you to join our team of spirited and fun-loving professionals as we support the neighbors in our community!