Senior Service Technician, Radio Services Department
Today, wireless connectivity is one of the fastest-growing industries.
Companies need effective systems to be certain their employees are safe and to provide connectivity to the applications they need to work productively.
At Spectrum Group, we offer wireless solutions for companies to connect and communicate. From designing two-way radio systems to broadband wireless networks, affordable radio rentals, Internet, and our new wide-area Push to Talk Network (TalkPlus), we provide customized solutions to keep businesses stay connected.
Built on industry leading wireless technologies, we have become known for providing Internet that offers straightforward services, local customer service, and competitive pricing.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: To commensurate based off experience
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Sudbury, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Hands on field experience 5 year (preferred)
- Knowledge of 2 way radio systems, repeater systems, trunking systems, etc.
- 5 years experience providing technical support and service of wireless communication systems such as UHF/VHF and 800/900 MHz analog and digital systems
- 5 years experience repairing and programming radios and wireless equipment as well as performing software and firmware updates to devices
- High school diploma
- Vocational diploma, college certificate or diploma in Electronics, or a related field
- Graduates from an Electronics Engineering Technician program, Computers program, Instrumentation Engineering and Control Technician program or Process Automation program would be considered an asset
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Install and repair telecommunications equipment, products and services
- Organize and prioritize work
- Analyze and resolve problems
- Be responsible for equipment and vehicle
- Take daily inventory of the equipment needed for the job
- Work collaboratively with management and colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable drivers abstract
- Ability to work with small power tools, mechanically inclined
- Ability to work in different weather conditions
- Ability to work at heights
- Computer networking skills are a definite asset
- Ability to distinguish colours
- Flexibility to work different schedules overtime and on call
- Excellent English communication skills, spoken and written
- Awareness of occupational health and safety and quality of work
- Must pass security check
- Excellent customer service
- Responsible self-starter
NOTE: This position does not offer the option to work from home.
All interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Spectrum Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.