Bisschops Industries Ltd. is currently seeking a Licensed Sheet Metal Worker. If you carry these qualifications and want to join a challenging work environment with an employer who supports continuous learning, we look forward to hearing from you.
Bisschops Industries was founded in 2007 in Sudbury, Ontario as a HVAC installation company servicing Sudbury, Ontario. Bisschops has grown since then and has achieved a unique status in Sudbury in the commercial, institutional, and industrial sectors. We proudly remain committed to our customers across Northern Ontario from Parry Sound to Thunder Bay and North Bay to Sault Ste. Marie.
Our success in the last 14 years can be accredited to our team’s ability to recognize and recruit focused individuals who are intent on improving together to meet our project goals.
Our team continues to take pride in ourselves and our work as we continually advance through innovation, training and technology.
With a strong commitment to health, safety, and the protection of the environment, Bisschops Industries has earned a reputation as a people-first, environmentally conscious, socially responsible constructor.
The Sheet Metal Worker is responsible for installing and sometimes fabricating sheet metal used in a variety of applications. Daily duties could consist of fastening metal seams, assembling and installing ductwork and ventilation systems. They may also at times be required to weld and bolt together supportive frameworks, as well as be responsible to take measurements and maneuver material around.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products as related to a job.
- Operate metalworking machines to cut, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
- Laying out, measuring, and marking sheet metal
- Inspect products to ensure quality and conformity to specification
- Cut materials using power tools or by hand
- Fit, join, and install sheet metal fittings, ductwork, hoods, and equipment as required.
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications
- Fabricate or alter parts at project sites, using shears, hammers, punches, or drills
- Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets
- The employer is entitled to instruct the employee, at any time, to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, the job description will be reviewed and updated as the needs of the business evolve.
- Field work (outdoors, dusty/dirty environments)
- Driving (sitting for extended periods, maintaining focus and alertness while operating company vehicle)
- At times it may be necessary for the sheet metal worker to work outside of the regular workday in order to complete their duties.
- Travelling out-of-town as required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Red Seal Certified and/or (308A) Sheet Metal Trade certification
- Valid Driver’s License
*Remuneration is based on experience*
For more information about our company, please visit our website at https://bisschops.ca/
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person