QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR, ELECTRICAL (AOPS)
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding is proud to be Canada’s National Shipbuilder. Over the next 30 years, our shipbuilders will construct 20+ modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of the largest defence procurement project in Canadian history.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on these vessels. We are committed to building the best ships, with the best workforce in the best facilities. By joining our team of more than 2,300 shipbuilders, you can enjoy a dynamic, diverse, and family-friendly career with a company dedicated to your success, learning, health, wellness, and safety.
At Irving Shipbuilding, we’re making history – why not make it with us? Learn more about careers at Irving Shipbuilding: shipsforcanada.ca/opportunities.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Quality Control Inspector, Electrical.
The Quality Control Inspector, Electrical works closely with production to identify production rework risk at the earliest opportunity. This is achieved by inspecting electrical work in progress and electrical work completed to assess the quality of the work and provide feedback and coaching to production in areas deficiencies are found. The Quality Inspector also works closely with both Class (Lloyd’s Register) and Customer (Canada) to confirm adherence to rules and requirements.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued. ISI is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities. Candidates who require accommodation during the selection process are invited to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Education Required:
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Industrial/ Construction Electrician trade certification (Red Seal/Journeyperson)
- Experience Required: 3-5 years
- Inspection experience in a shipbuilding setting considered an asset
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite, SharePoint
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to deal with conflict in a professional manner
- Ability to read and understand specifications and electrical system drawings
- Experience with industrial electrical installations, including running of cable and installation of electrical equipment
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Inspect completed and in progress work though job pack checks
- Attend and support Inspection Test Plan (ITP) inspections with Class and Customer, report on findings identified and review of paperwork prior to submittal
- Verify rectification of defects identified during ITP inspections
- Provide coaching to production on deficiencies found / lessons learned
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.