Small Engine Mechanic
ETC INC has a range of different parts, pumps, and equipment. You will be required to have a general understanding of the different motors, parts, and supplies each piece of equipment needs.
• You will have to estimate repair costs.
• Inspect and test engines and motors to diagnose and isolate faults.
• Adjust, repair, or replace parts using hand tools and equipment.
• Instruct apprentices.
• Test and adjust repaired equipment for proper performance.
• Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment Advise customers on work performed and condition of equipment.
• Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor May drive to client’s locations to perform small repairs.
Education: Secondary school education is required.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a postsecondary education certificate in the trade is required OR completion of a three-to four-year apprenticeship program in small engine or equipment repair is required. Valid driver’s License is required.
Work conditions and physical capabilities:
• Fast-paced environment
• Hand-eye coordination
• Ability to distinguish between colours.
• Handling heavy loads
• Physically demanding
• Manual dexterity
• Attention to detail.
• Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Excellent oral communication
- Reliability, Judgement
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player, Organized.
Range of pay
• $25.00 per hour
• Full – time, Part – Time. Permanent
Shift & schedule (10-hour shift)
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
• Day shift
Please note all candidates must to be authorized to work in Canada.