Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience
NCC Development Limited (NCCD) is seeking a Project Manager located in Iqaluit. NCC Development Limited, a division of NCC Investment Group (NCCIG), manages and oversees all small and large development projects.
The Project Manager will be part of a Project Management team for all NCC Development Limited. projects within Nunavut. Working closely with the other Project Manager, estimator, Site Superintendents, as well as Director, Development and Construction to provide measurable results and adhering to the project budgets, scope and timelines.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver allocated construction projects on time, to budget and to the highest quality
- Proactively manage the project from initiation, through planning, cost sign-off, contractor selection, owner approvals, work on site, handover, and final accounts / project closure
- Manage and resolve any issues with project delivery or cost during the life of the project, liaising with contractors, landlords and internal stakeholders as required to ensure first class delivery
- Ensure project teams have all relevant and current information available to them to deliver successful projects
- Ensure delivery of project in line with the approved design standards
- Ensure highest standards of safety and quality are achieved through design and delivery
- Provide up-to-date project information on progress, ensuring clear project reporting is available at all times
- Identify and manage project risk to ensure right first-time projects, every time
- Develop strong working relationships with the all stake holders
- Coach, manage and develop junior staff on projects with the goal to elevate each team member
- In-line with our core values, and endeavor to take on additional assignments and responsibilities to meet the objectives of the project, and Company
Formal Education and Training:
Engineering degree or an equivalent combination of technical training
Professional Experience and Job-Related Abilities
- Minimum of five years of construction experience
- Self-motivated with ability to assume responsibility and to interface with the project team and represent the company and project team in a professional manner
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower organization. In addition, must be a strong communicator and be able to take the initiative to function without day-to-day guidance.
- Valid driver’s license
Personal Skills and Abilities
- Strong judgment skills including able to handle confidential and sensitive information;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Inuktitut considered an asset;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Ability to handle workload with conflicting requests from management;
- Ability to adapt to increased workloads and short response times;
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality;
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt; and good interpersonal and networking skills.
For more information including a complete job description please email email@example.com or visit www.nccig.ca to apply today.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.