Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience.
NCC Development Limited (NCCD) is seeking a Site Superintendents located in Iqaluit. NCC Development Limited, a division of NCC Investment Group (NCCIG), manages and oversees all small and large development projects.
The Superintendent will manage a specific project site. While working closely with the other Superintendents, Vendors, Carpenters, Estimator, and employees. The Site Superintendent is tasked with ensuring the successful execution of major projects from initiation, planning, to delivery as well as assisting with preventative maintenance planning for all NCC assets.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Purchasing materials locally and remotely
- Getting materials to job sites from yard and shop
- Coordinating deliveries of material and equipment with suppliers and vendors
- Attendance tracking
- Coordinating work and making sure it is done on time
- Coordinating for workers for jobs
- Making sure workers are working safely.
- Coordinating subcontractors for minor work
- Creating schedules for workers and subcontractors
- Preventative maintenance planning
- Preparing expense reports outlining cost estimates for suppliers, material, labour and other related costs
- Collaborating with Project Managers, clients and other management personnel when determining budgets and timelines
- Maintaining a daily log of jobs and identifying any gaps or areas that need to be addressed
- Implementing techniques and strategies that are both efficient and cost-effective
Formal Education and Training:
- Completion of grade 12
- Work related certificate an asset
Professional Experience and Job-Related Abilities
- Minimum of five years of construction experience
- Self-motivated with ability to assume responsibility and to interface with the project team and represent the company and project team in a professional manner
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower organization. In addition, must be a strong communicator and be able to take the initiative to function without day-to-day guidance.
- Valid driver’s license
Personal Skills and Abilities
- Strong judgment skills including able to handle confidential and sensitive information;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Inuktitut considered an asset;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Ability to handle workload with conflicting requests from management;
- Ability to adapt to increased workloads and short response times;
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality;
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt; and good interpersonal and networking skills.
For more information including a complete job description please email email@example.com or visit www.nccig.ca to apply today.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.