Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience
NCC Development Limited (NCCD) is seeking an Estimator located in Iqaluit. NCC Development Limited, a division of NCC Investment Group (NCCIG), manages and oversees all small and large development projects.
The Estimator will play a key role in all development projects. While working closely with the Project Managers, Site Superintendents, as well as Director, Development and Construction to provide quality and informed estimates for take offs, which is key to the success of our projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage estimating, risk analysis, bids, proposals for projects
- Review and supply Management with a Project Survey to determine risk and feasibility of potential projects.
- Procure all Plans and Specifications for all projects accepted by management.
- Develop Job Estimates and Budgets.
- Analyzes documents, specifications, proposals, and addendums in preparation for pricing.
- Build Project Survey based on specifications, drawings, and on-site conditions.
- Obtain input from Operations staff as appropriate.
- Procure sub-contractor quotes.
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, equipment, material, rentals, and subcontractors.
- Prepare Final Bid/Proposal and track the completion of each task.
- Order Bid Bond, obtain proper Insurance Requirements, assemble, and complete Bid Documents/Package.
- Identify project risk and mitigation strategy.
- Determine final pricing structure and approval from Project Manager.
- Lead the bid review process.
- Ensure submission of proposals or bid delivery to the customer.
- Enter the results and track the status of all Proposals and Bids in the project management system.
- Maintain an estimating database of history and costs.
- Lead project handoff meeting to the Project Management Team.
- Attend Project Review meetings.
- Review key projects with Project Managers regarding estimated costs vs. actual.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Certified Quantity Surveyor or equivalent
- 5 or more years related construction experience
- Must have a solid understanding of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project and databases
- Thorough knowledge of construction processes and ability to assess project execution.
- Strong attention to detail with practical and logical thinking.
- Able to work accurately and effectively under pressure with hard deadline dates.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower organization. In addition, must be a strong communicator and be able to take the initiative to function without day-to-day guidance.
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong judgment skills including able to handle confidential and sensitive information;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Inuktitut considered an asset;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Ability to handle workload with conflicting requests from management;
- Ability to adapt to increased workloads and short response times;
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality;
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt; and
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
For more information including a complete job description or to apply please email your cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nccig.ca to apply today.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit