Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN - Sites Throughout British Columbia
We offer a RELOCATION package & a Signing-Working bonus for hours worked! APPLY TODAY & LEARN MORE!
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced casual, part-time, and full-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care or Assisted Living around British Columbia. Move from TORONTO, ONTARIO to BC today!
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Must Haves:
- Graduation from a public institution in Practical Nursing, with the ability to apply for a BCCNM license. All information about registration with BCCNM found here.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations as per PHO in place within all BC Care Facilities.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
- Holds an active or pending registration with the BCCNM.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
Other Companies Call This Role:
- Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- General Nurse