Led by Rodolphe Saadé, the CMA CGM Group, a global leader in shipping and logistics, serves more than 420 ports around the world on five continents. With its subsidiary CEVA Logistics, a world leader in logistics, and its air freight division CMA CGM AIR CARGO, the CMA CGM Group is continually innovating to offer its customers a complete and increasingly efficient range of new shipping, land, air and logistics solutions.
Committed to the energy transition in shipping, and a pioneer in the use of alternative fuels, the CMA CGM Group has set a target to become Net Zero Carbon by 2050.
Through the CMA CGM Foundation, the Group acts in humanitarian crises that require an emergency response by mobilizing the Group’s shipping and logistics expertise to bring humanitarian supplies around the world.
Present in 160 countries through its network of more than 400 offices and 750 warehouses, the Group employs more than 155,000 people worldwide, including 4,000 in Marseilles where its head office is located.
In Canada we are a dynamic team of 120 employees in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for driving the Sales & Marketing activities within the assigned region by developing business with new customers and increasing market share with existing customers in order to achieve targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain current business and develop new business lanes with existing Customers via phone or internet communication channels (Teams, Skype, Zoom, etc.).
- Identify new accounts to be onboarded in line with Trade and Commercial objectives.
- Prepare a budget strategy for assigned and new Customer accounts in conjunction with the reporting Manager to ensure that the customer accounts meet or exceeds volume/revenue/contribution objectives as outlined in the budget.
- Prepare a Sales call plan for the week ahead & conduct proactive telephone sales calls promoting CMA CGM Liner and CMA CGM + services to Customers.
- Provide quotes to current assigned customers through e-mail and ensure the rates are valid in the systems.
- Propose volume potential & new opportunities to the Trade team, clearly reporting lost business with detailed information.
- Analyze and identify the customers supply chain model and propose full business solutions to the customer with the support of CMA CGM group in-house specialists.
- Successful budget performance will be expected against CMA CGM Liner, CMA CGM + & Supply Chain solutions recommendations.
- Collect market information on the competition’s activities regarding rates, new & existing services, etc. and submit to your Manager on a consistent basis.
- Generate Sales Leads for business controlled out of Canada.
- Promote improved partnerships and agreements when closing deals with customers: long term agreements / mutual commitments / match back programs / value added services for assigned customers.
- Work closely with customers, internal departments and overseas as partners in resolving issues and creating strong relationships.
- Strive for exceptional customer service and positive promotion of CMA CGM brand identity in the industry.
Note:Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Education: University degree and transportation schooling an asset
- Experience: 2 years of experience in international transportation/ shipping
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic vision and analytical skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize time sensitive issues
- Well versed in ALL Microsoft Windows based programs
- Bilingual, French and English Required
We thank all candidates for their interest in applying for this position and working at CMA CGM, please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer!