Transportation Manager Career Opportunity
Ashley HomeStore is currently seeking a Transportation Manager for our Edmonton Distribution Centre located at 11343-189 Street NW.
As a Transportation Manager you will be responsible for managing the transportation and delivery of products that are cost-effective, timely, and consistent with the guests expectations. You will be essential in creating a positive team dynamic within the transportation team.
Ashley is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values
- World class training programs;
- To work at one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
As the Transportation Manager, you will:
- Implement recruiting, staffing, and retention strategies that support business objectives, improve team member and business performance, and gain a return on investment for the business.
- Oversee and direct the transportation team to achieve the highest level of safety, productivity, and customer service.
- Understand and follow all safe work practices and rules while maintaining the completion and compliance of all vehicle and safety audits.
- Ensure that all training and compliance is current and managed with all team members within our safety guidelines.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all stores serviced by the Distribution Centre.
- Collaborate with respective delivery planning coordinators to ensure planning activities are consistent with available equipment and resources.
- Coordinate the effective delivery of goods to the guests residences.
- Provide meaningful feedback to team member performance and input into team member development plans.
- Maintain adequate staff levels through recruitment and selection of team members.
- Develop a team environment that supports continuous improvements and promotes TDG’s culture.
- Train, design, and provide functional direction to supervisors and team leads.
- Maintain delivery vehicles and transportation equipment consistent with safety standards and lease requirements.
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- High school diploma and post-secondary education preferred, with a minimum of 5 years of shipping and transportation experience.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in transportation or equivalent environment.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with a clean Driver’s abstract (with air is a plus).
- Familiar with contractor management is an asset.
- Ability to build high-performing work teams with the ability to adapt to changes in the environment, and influence change.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs.
- Knowledge on relevant industry standards and guidance.
- Highly effective decision-making and problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
- Current Driver’s abstract must be provided.
- Flexible schedule requirements may be required, including evening and/or weekend work.
Plan Your Future With Us!
Ashley HomeStore welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.