Advance Machines Ltd. is a company that is in the business of manufacturing and supplying custom precision parts for aircraft, nautical tools & equipment, mining equipment, construction tools & equipment, welding equipment, custom tools and custom metal fabrication services. The various industries that we serve are aerospace technology, mining, mechanical engineering, construction, pulp & paper, food-processing, forestry, automotive, marine transportation, oil & gas and industrial manufacturing. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.advance-machines.com
We are looking to fill two (2) CNC Programmer/Machinist positions on a full-time basis.
As a CNC Programmer/Machinist, you must possess a high level of knowledge and experience in working with the operation of CNC Machinery and manufacturing equipment. The ideal candidate must be able to work with HAAS & OKUMA lathes programs and machinery with minimal supervision, and work as a team member with other CNC Programmers/Machinists when completing large bulk orders or time sensitive projects. You must have excellent verbal and written English skills when communicating with team members and customers. In addition, your other responsibilities are:
· Creating and writing CNC programs using CAD/CAM applications, Solidworks and Mastercam for programming language of CNC machines and modifications during all phases of productions;
· Design components for first articles of production;
· Monitor quality by taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting machine processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls while adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes;
· Set up and operate CNC machines;
· Complete paperwork to maintain records and department standards;
· Read complex blueprints and/or job orders for product specification such as dimensions and specifications;
· Read tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and determine sequence of operations;
· Select tools and secure tool holder (chuck, collet, or tool post);
· Monitor operations of CNC machines and verify conformance of machine work pieces to specification;
· Sharpen multiple-point tools as needed;
· Compute dimensions, plan layout and determine method and sequence of operations during the manufacturing process;
· Be responsible for achieving the desired quality level of the manufacturing of custom precision parts and supervise junior machinists to achieve the highest degree of labour efficiency.
- Completion of a two – three-year college program or equivalent in industrial engineering technology, manufacturing technology or in a related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience as a CNC Programmer/Machinist;
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience in tooling and metalworking;
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience using CAD/CAM applications, Mastercam and Solidworks for machining and tooling;
- Must have strong level of knowledge and experience using HAAS and Okuma Lathes machinery and programming;
- Must have strong level of knowledge and experience using Mastercam and/or Solidworks programs for CNC programming and design;
- Fluency in verbal and written English;
- Ability to perform tasks/assignments with minimal supervision.
Salary, hours of work and location:
$30 - $38 per hour (depending on experience), 5 days per week, Delta, BC area
Please send your resume and cover letter by email to the attention of:
Advance Machines Ltd.
8137 Swenson Way
Delta, BC V4G 1J5
**Please quote Job Reference Number: “CNC001”
Due to the volume of applications, we will only select applicants who meet all the requirements mentioned in this job posting. We thank all applicants who applied.