Pacesetter Equipment is actively looking to hire a Heavy Duty Mechanic!
Pacesetter Equipment is a leading heavy equipment supplier in Western Canada. With two offices in Calgary and Edmonton we have the ability to serve our customers projects wherever they are.
Why Work with Pacesetter Equipment:
- Competitive wages and company benefits including Extended Health and Dental!
- Perks! Company Events, Vacation Lottery, RRSP, Referral Program and Signing Bonus!
- We deal with all of the top brands, all under one roof.
- Work with experienced and professional technicians who stand behind their service!
- Retention program
What You’ll do as the Heavy Duty Mechanic:
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Diagnose equipment problems and determine repairs as needed
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Service attachments and working tools
- Maintain a clean and tidy personal work area and assist with general cleaning duties in a workshop environment
- Maintain daily record of all work tasks and materials
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes
What You Bring to the Team:
- Journeyman Mechanic
- Minimum 5 years experience working on Caterpillar, Komatsu, John Deere or Hitachi heavy equipment
- Diagnosing Equipment
- Ordering parts needed to repair and maintain machines
- Experience using CAT ET, CAT SIS is a must
- A valid Class 1 or Class 5 driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract are requirements of this position
- Experienced and considerable knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of various types of heavy equipment and other power driven equipment and tools
- Skilled in the operation of variety of tools and equipment used in the repair of heavy equipment
- Capable of preparing and maintaining accurate records and reports
- Ability to analyze and repair mechanical failures
- A motivated and punctual self-starter
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail
- Working out of town and working weekends as required
- Must be professional dealing with customers
All resumes will be considered. Individuals with a Class 1 Drivers License are preferred.