Data Entry Clerk
[Intro Paragraph] The first step in creating your data entry clerk job description involves introducing candidates to your company. You should present the company in an honest, yet favorable light. By displaying the strength of the employer’s brand, you can attract like-minded employees who are more likely to be a good cultural fit. Take the opportunity to make your organization stand out and play up unique features that will make people want to work there.
Make sure you send your resume to the HOD for review (Aetnahiringdesk@outlook.com)
Data Entry Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
- Establishes entry priorities.
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies.
- Resolves deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data.
- Combines data from both systems when account information is incomplete.
- Purges files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Tests customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Putting information about working hours and benefits in this space is significant for the development of your description. The location is meant to engage the candidate in a way that makes them want to read the rest of the job posting. Present facts about working conditions or requirements, including shift work, weekend work, overtime, and break schedule. Additionally, be sure to mention any special benefits or incentives that your company offers to employees, such as a dog-friendly workplace or remote work opportunities.
Data Entry Clerk Skills / Qualifications:
- Organization skills
- Quick typing skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer savvy
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Data entry experience or related office experience
- Some basic computer courses may be preferred by some employers
[Call To Action] It’s a good idea to include a call to action at the end of your data entry clerk job description that tells the candidate how to apply for your position; this will probably result in more responses for you. Tell job seekers to “apply on the company website” or to click on the “apply” button.