[Intro paragraph] Use the next 2-3 sentences to introduce your company to prospective bookkeepers, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. You have an opportunity to set your company apart from competing job postings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Make sure you send your resume to the HOD for review (Aetnahiringdesk@outlook.com)
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you’ll want to include working hours and benefits, specific to your open position. This is another chance to sell potential applicants on things like telecommuting, work-from-home options, or additional availability during tax season. Benefits that can set your firm apart, like paid vacation time, conference sponsorships, or childcare reimbursements can go right here. As you prepare your bookkeeper job description, salary range transparency is an important consideration. Adding compensation numbers can help to build trust with candidates, while also ensuring applicants who may be more aligned with your budget.
Bookkeeper Qualifications / Skills:
- Developing Standards
- Analyzing Information
- Dealing with Complexity
- Reporting Research Results
- Data Entry Skills
- SFAS Rules
- Attention to Detail
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA is a plus
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
[Call to Action] Now that prospective bookkeepers are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a call to action, so they know exactly how to apply. A well-crafted call to action turns interested job seekers into actual applicants, so let them know how to submit an application or who to contact at your company to apply.