Our Company located in Port Colborne is looking for an experienced Controller to join our team! We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including RRSP contributions.
Reporting directly to the President, the Controller shall hold responsibility for managing the overall financial operations of the company, and will provide accurate information to the President and Senior Management, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Controller will be responsible for directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to top management and externally. The Controller also maintains the company's accounting systems and implements changes as required.
· Manage all aspect of the accounting operations including the processing of all month end and year end entries, analysis, and statutory reporting
· Manage a small group of direct reports including overseeing and provide back-up support for payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and Human Resources.
· Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
· Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
· Prepare, analyze and present completed contract operating results.
· Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making.
· Work with external accountants, CRA, banking institutions, senior management and others as required
· Prepare and present financial information for monthly, quarterly and annual reports for both internal and external purposes.
· Manage cash flow and foreign exchange transactions.
· Other related duties as required or assigned.
· Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
· Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience
· Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
· Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
· Management and or supervisory experience
· Knowledge of JobBoss ERP computer systems an asset
· Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
· Attention to detail in all areas of work
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person