My client is one of the largest public accounting firms in the Southern Ontario region. The firm was founded over 80 years ago and features a dynamic group of professionals.
As part of their team, you will realize that nothing is trivial. They have the expertise to handle any situation from complex mergers and acquisitions to assisting new entrepreneurs through the many facets of starting a small business.
Their Burlington office has an immediate opening for a full-time Accounting Technician/ Bookkeeper.
- Maintaining books of accounts, journal entries, and reconciliations;
- Supporting clients with bookkeeping assistance;
- Assisting and troubleshooting through accounting software issues;
- Calculating and preparing GST/HST, payroll, and other government remittances;
- Preparing T4’s, T4A’s, and T5018’s;
- Completing WSIB and EHT filings;
- Recording investments either using Excel or a specific software program;
- Preparing personal income tax returns
- Post-secondary education, with a focus on accounting
- A minimum of three years of experience in a public accounting firm
- Bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge of QuickBooks (Online and Desktop) is required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Available 2-3 days in office