· Manage, plan and execute engineering operation and maintenance projects.
· Develop and implement project specific programs and methodologies project specific programs and methodologies.
· Plan draft and tender project specific proposals and contracts.
· Explain, present, and negotiate the terms of contract to the client.
· Hire, train, and manage staff members as per the project requirements.
· Assign, appraise, and assess the work delegated to the staff members.
· On the Job training and development of the staff and oversee performance levels to upskill staff on regular basis.
· Responsible for the technicalities of the project and may include but not limited to conceptualizing, initializing, developing, and inspecting.
Apart from the above, a project manager should:
· Manages and reports on all project deliverables including but not limited to budget, revenue, delivery, and satisfaction.
· Executes projects safely, within budget, on schedule, to the specified quality and in accordance with our clients and our guidelines.
· Provides supervision and leadership to all project staff for relevant projects.
· Acts as the primary contact for clients; demonstrates professionalism, excellent communication skills, and problem-solving abilities in all interactions.
· Defines and manages the project work scope, budget, schedule and all reporting functionality.
· Tracks project performance, specifically analyzing the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
· Works in conjunction with engineering quality by monitoring key engineering documents / drawings / calculations etc.
· Takes responsibility for the Quality Management System on the relevant project.
· Coordinates construction, commissioning and operational issues and ensures tight definition and understanding between contractors and the site if required.
· Determines and implements project management best practices.
· Manages cost control and all payment schedules and receivables for projects
· Provides change orders for all additions and schedule changes and work with clients on acceptance.
· Strong Communicator with effective communication skills for both internal and external project teams, customers and vendors.
· Strong working knowledge of MS- Office and MS-Project (or Primavera)